Giving Tuesday is an annual day set apart to focus on giving to charities and nonprofits. It’s usually the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving, but due to the current pandemic and an increase in need, there will be a second Giving Tuesday this coming Tuesday, May 5.
As a loyal friend and donor, you understand the important role libraries play in our community and why your support is needed now more than ever. While our library doors may be temporarily closed, our employees are still working hard each day to provide virtual programs and digital content to the customers we miss so much, including:
- Boosted WiFi signals at 10 of our branches, for those who don’t have internet access at home
- Job resources, resume and job application assistance
- Virtual My Librarian appointments
- Virtual story times and book discussions
- Downloadable materials like books, magazines and audiobooks
- Streaming content from Acorn TV and Kanopy
We are looking forward to welcoming back into our branches the more than 4 million customers served annually, but we still don’t know when it will be safe enough to do so or what it will look like when we do. Many families in Baltimore County are being affected by the prolonged quarantine and we’re doing what we can to make that stay at home a little easier, a little more educational and a little more fun. Your support makes a difference.
Thank you, and please stay safe and healthy.